At Trillium Health Partners, we believe that the public has the right to see that we are making the best possible use of the public money with which we have been entrusted.
It is our responsibility to be open, transparent and accountable in our plans, in our performance, in our in our policies, and in our expenses.
This section of the website provides information regarding:
Please click on the links above, or scroll down to read more on each of these areas.
Executive Contract Disclosure
As part of our continued commitment to transparency and accountability, and to further promote public confidence in our management of public funds, listed below are:
Public Disclosure of Business Expenses
Effective November 20, 2011, the Broader Public Sector Accountability Act (BPSAA) requires all public hospitals to publicly post any expense claims made by hospital executives and Board Members.
Disclosure of expenses for Trillium Health Partners:
- April 1, 2016 to September 31, 2016
- October 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016
- April 1, 2015 to September 30, 2015
- October 1, 2014 to March 31, 2015
- April 1, 2014 to September 30, 2014
- October 1, 2013 to March 31, 2014
- April 1, 2013 to September 30, 2013
- October 1, 2012 to March 31, 2013
Please click here to be taken to the disclosure of expenses page for our Mississauga Hospital and Queensway Health Centre Sites.
Please click here to be taken to the disclosure of expenses page for our Credit Valley Hospital Site.
BPS Procurement Attestation and Report of Consulting Expenses
The Broader Public Sector Accountability Act (BPSAA) requires all public hospitals to post Procurement Attestations and Report on Consulting Expenses annually.
The documents below are the public disclosure of these document for The Trillium Health Partners for fiscal 2015/16 (April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016).
The documents below are the public disclosure of these document for The Trillium Health Partners for fiscal 2014/15 (April 1, 2014 to March 31, 2015).
The documents below are the public disclosure of these document for The Trillium Health Partners for fiscal 2013/14 (April 1, 2013 through March 31, 2014).
The documents below are the public disclosure of these document for The Trillium Health Partners for fiscal 2012/13 (April 1, 2012 through March 31, 2013).
2016-17 HSAA Amending Agreement
Historical Agreements & Disclosures
The documents below are the public disclosure of these document for The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre for fiscal 2011/12 (April 1, 2011 through March 31, 2012).
Please click here to be taken to the Procurement Attestation
Please click here to be taken to the Procurement Attestation – Schedule A
Please click here to be taken to the Report of Consulting Expenses
Credit Valley Hospital Policy
Credit Valley Hospital Procedure
H-SAA Amending Agreement:
2008-2012 H-SAA Amending Agreement for CVH site
2008-2012 H-SAA Amending Agreement for THC site
If you require this information in an alternate format, please contact FIPPA@trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Reportable Energy Usage and Intensity
By incorporating green conservation into our day-to-day roles, we can contribute to the efficient use of resources, which in turn can be reallocated to patient care. We recognize the potential environmental impact of our operations and subsequent effect on patients, staff and the community.
The Provincial Government has committed to help public agencies to better understand and manage their energy consumptions. As part of this commitment, Regulation 397/11 under the Green Energy Act, 2009 requires hospitals to report on their energy consumptions and greenhouse gas (GHG) annually.
FIPPA and its Application to Trillium Health Partners
Beginning on January 1, 2012, Ontario hospitals, including Trillium Health Partners, are covered by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, which supports access to Hospital records and protection of privacy.
Some key purposes of the Act are:
- To provide the public a right of access to hospital information subject to limited exemptions; and
- To protect the privacy of individuals with respect to personal information about themselves held by hospitals and to provide individuals with a right of access to that information.
The enforcement of this Act is conducted through the office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario (IPC).
What information is covered by the Act?
Most records in the custody and control of the Hospital are subject to the Act and the great majority of these will be available if requested. Certain types of records, however, are specifically excluded so the Act does not apply to them. A few other types are covered by the Act but exempt from disclosure to protect public concerns, personal privacy, Hospital operations or other important interests.
It is important to note the personal health information and medical records continue to be covered by the Personal Health Information Protection Act and cannot be requested under FIPPA. If you would like to request access to your medical records and personal health information, please refer to the Release of Information page: Health Information Management
Some records which will generally be accessible under the Act include:
- those containing your own personal information;
- most Hospital administrative records;
- records of Hospital staff employment expenses.
Examples of records which may not be accessible under the Act include:
- those that are neither in the custody nor under the control of the Hospital;
- your own medical records and personal health information (see release of information links above);
- most Hospital labour relations or employment records;
- records relating to the provision of abortion services;
- records respecting research and clinical trials, except the subject matter and the amount of funding related to research;
- records relating to the work of the Hospital foundation and information relating to charitable donations.
For a Directory of Records, please click here .
You can make a formal access request under FIPPA to Trillium Health Partners' Freedom of Information Office. You can download the request form by clicking on the following link. Request Form (PDF). Although you are not required to use the provided form, we recommend that you do so to ensure your request is processed as quickly as possible. Use of the form will enable the Hospital to accept requests both in hard copy and via e-mail.
In order to be considered a complete request under the Act, the following requirements must be met:
- the request is in writing (Request Form (PDF)): If you do not use the Request Form, please ensure that your written request states that the request is being made under FIPPA;
- the $5 application fee for your written request (cheque, money order or credit card) has been received by the Freedom of Information Office (make cheques and money orders payable to "Trillium Health Partners"). Please do not send cash with your request;
- you have provided sufficient detail to allow an experienced employee of the Hospital, with a reasonable amount of effort, to identify the information/record you are requesting.
Please mail or e-mail all requests for access to information to the attention of the Freedom of Information Office. Staff will contact you if your request is deficient or it needs to clarify the information you are requesting. Staff will need to verify your identity before processing requests for your personal information.
The Hospital is obligated under the Act to provide you with a decision with respect to your request within 30 calendar days from the date your request is received. There are, however, certain circumstances under the Act where the Hospital is permitted to extend the time limit beyond the 30 calendar days. The Freedom of Information Office will, within the time limits permitted by the Act, notify you in writing regarding whether or not your request will be granted.
In addition to the required $5.00 application fee, FIPPA also permits charging fees in relation to processing requests. Depending on the scope and size of your request, a fee may be involved, in which case you will be provided with an estimate and additional information so you can make an informed decision about how to proceed.
The allowable fees are prescribed by legislation, and are as follows:
- 20 cents per page of photocopying
- $10.00 for each disk
- $30.00 per hour of manual search time
- $30.00 per hour of record preparation
- $60.00 per hour of computer development
If the estimated cost to complete your request is $100 or more, Trillium Health Partners will require a 50 percent deposit before performing further work on your request.
The hospital may waive all or part of the fees related to the costs of processing your request if it is fair and equitable to do so.
All decisions made by Trillium Health Partners, including the final decision regarding disclosure, time extensions and fee estimates, may be reviewed by the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario.
For all matters relating to FIPPA at Trillium Health Partners, including access requests and protection of privacy and concerns, please contact:
Freedom of Information Office
Trillium Health Partners
The Clinical and Administration Building, 5th Floor
100 Queensway West
Mississauga, ON L5B 1B8
Or by email, at FIPPA@trilliumhealthpartners.ca