Who We Are
At Trillium Health Partners, the well being and safety of our patients is our priority.
The Infection Prevention and Control department is a corporate resource for all three sites whose goal is to prevent and control the spread of diseases and infections. This is achieved through robust surveillance, education and collaboration by patients, staff and visitors to ensure that proper infection control practices are in place.
To prevent and control the spread of infections, Trillium Health Partners:
- Follows provincial and federal best practice guidelines for infection prevention and control
- Has comprehensive hand hygiene program
- Has a state-of-the-art cleaning program
- Has an antibiotics stewardship program
- Is transparent in reporting infection rates and hand hygiene audits.
- Has a process in place to review, analyze, learn and improve infection control practices
How can you prevent the spread of illness?
Did you know that cleaning your hands is the simplest way of preventing an illness? By cleaning your hands using soap and water or alcohol based sanitizer, you help prevent getting and spreading some of the mild to potentially severe healthcare acquired infections such as C.difficile, MRSA and VRE.
As germs are often spread by touch and contact with contaminated surfaces, please follow this important information to keep you and your loved one safe.
Do not visit when:
- You are sick
- You have fever, cough or runny nose
- You have diarrhea
Clean your hands:
- When you enter or leave the hospital
- When you enter or leave the patient’s room
- Before eating
- After sneezing, coughing or blowing your nose
- After using a washroom
- How to handrub
- How to handwash