How Can We Support You?
We are here to help...
During a hospital stay, life can seem different and out of control. Besides physical pain, feelings such as loneliness, insecurity, fear, confusion, grief and anxiety can affect one's well-being.
Spiritual Care Practitioners and trained Spiritual Care Visitors are available to meet with patients of any or of no faith or religious belief to listen, and to provide support, empathy and caring.
Roman Catholic Priest Chaplains, Community Faith leaders/visitors are in the hospital regularly and can visit you upon request.
Please call the Spiritual Care office at:
905-813-3984 Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm or the hospital locating (after hours ) for assistance.
The Spiritual Care Department within Trillium Health Partners is committed to addressing the spiritual and religious health needs of patients and families. We are here to help create a new kind of healthcare for healthier communities.
The following people provide spiritual care within THP:
- Spiritual Care Practitioners (Healthcare Chaplains)
- Spiritual Care Volunteers
- Community Faith Leaders and
- Community Faith Visitors
Spiritual Care As A Healthcare Discipline Is:
- An essential part of health care;
- A compassionate and professional approach within healthcare that supports the healing process;
- Respecting the intrinsic worth of all persons;
- Providing opportunities for patients, families, friends, and staff to identify and communicate their spiritual and religious needs;
- Exploring and contemplating spiritual/religious issues within our delivery of care;
- Fostering relationships with communities of faith beyond the hospital walls to help welcome Community Faith Leaders and Visitors into our environment.
On Site Centres for Spiritual Reflection
At Trillium Health Partners there are places available for prayer, meditation and quiet thought. All locations are open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Credit Valley Hospital: The Meditation Room
This room is located on the main level diagonally across from Shop at The Valley (Gift Shop).
Mississauga Hospital: Sacred Space
This room is located on the Main Floor beside the B elevator near the Rexall Pharmacy.
Queensway Health Centre: Chapel & Interfaith Prayer Room
The Chapel is located on the Main Floor by the gift shop.
An Interfaith Prayer Room is located beside the Streetsville Room.