Trillium Health Partners is pleased to achieve Best Practice Spotlight Organization (BPSO) designation
As of April 16, 2015, Trillium Health Partners has been awarded the internationally recognized Best Practice Spotlight Organization (BPSO) designation through the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO). Achieving this designation recognizes we have successfully implemented 7 of the RNAO’s internationally recognized Best Practice Guidelines (BPGs) over the three year program, and are on track to sustain best practices within the organization with an additional 3 BPGs.
The Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO) Best Practice Spotlight Organization (BPSO) initiative works with health care organizations over a three-year period to implement internationally-recognized Nursing Best Practice Guidelines (BPGs) that provide current, comprehensive recommendations for patient care based on the latest research evidence.
Trillium Health Partners has committed to implementing the following 10 BPGs as it will have the greatest impact on the health and well-being of the patients we serve:
- Developing and Sustaining Nursing Leadership
- Assessment and Management of Pain
- Reducing Foot Complications
- Prevention of Falls
- Smoking Cessation
- Assessment and Management of Decubitus Ulcers: Stages 1 to 4
- Care Giving Strategies for Older Adults with Delirium, Dementia and Depression
- End-of-Life Care During the Last Days and Hours
- Preventing and Managing Violence in the Workplace
For more information on the BPSO initiative, please contact Patricia Naval at Patricia.Naval@thp.ca