The rehabilitation team at Trillium Health Partners offers a comprehensive, individualized program designed to help you achieve your rehabilitation goals and provide you and your family with the knowledge and skills you need to manage your health, help you successfully move back into the community and function independently. Your rehabilitation program may include exercise, practice of daily activities, counseling and education specific to your needs.
In our Rehabilitation program the services we offer include:
- Thinking and vision assessment and re-training
- Retraining of daily living skills
- Treatment for neurological conditions
- Equipment prescription and recommendations
- Walking and balance re-training
- Re-training of facial muscles following Bell’s Palsy and acoustic neuroma
- ADP assessment for walkers/canes
- Physical conditioning and endurance building
Speech-Language Pathology Assessment and treatment for:
- Speech difficulties
- Language difficulties (comprehension, recalling words, expressing an idea; reading or writing)
- Cognitive communication (memory, reasoning, problem solving, organizing)
- Swallowing difficulties
- Individual, family, marital counseling
- Assistance with financial needs
- Linkage to needed community resources
- Stress reduction
Who we Help
You may be eligible for the program if you have had:
- A recent stroke within the past 9 months
- An acquired brain injury (e.g. aneurysm) within the past 12 months
- A neurological condition (e.g. multiple sclerosis, degenerative conditions)
- Be over 18 years old
- Be medically stable
- Have shown recent progress in your recovery and have clear rehab goals
- Be able to tolerate at least a 3 hour program plus transportation time (less if only one service is required)
- Live within Trillium Health Partners’ service area
- Commit to attend regular sessions and complete recommended home activities and/or exercises
- Be under the care of a family physician
100 Queensway West
How to find us:
Enter through the Main Entrance. Take Elevator A and go down to the Ground Floor
Turn left and follow the hall into Rehabilitation Services.
Resources for Patients & Their Families
Who Will Support Me? [accordion title]
We tailor our services to your needs. Depending on your needs, your care team may include one or more of the following members:
How Will I Get There?
- Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP)
- Social Worker (SW)
- Physiotherapist (PT)
- Occupational Therapist (OT)
You are responsible for arranging your own transportation to their Outpatient Neuro Rehabilitation appointments.
If you need help exiting or entering your residence, please coordinate this with a family member or caregiver.
TransHelp service is available to those who qualify and who live in Peel Region. This service can be arranged by calling (905) 791-1015.
If you are booking TransHelp, please arrange to be dropped at the ground floor Rehabilitation Entrance, which is steps from our department.